What is the VP corporate finance job description? In this article, we will discuss more information in this title. Read this article so you can have knowledge of this study.
What is the VP Corporate Finance Job Description?
A VP of corporate finance is responsible for the growth and profitability of the company, typically by overseeing corporate finances. This title is one of the more senior executive roles, with a VP of corporate finance reporting directly to the CEO or CFO.
The person in this role will be responsible for several important tasks, including overseeing financial planning and forecasting, as well as managing several internal and external financial stakeholders.
What are the Duties and Responsibilities?
There are several duties that an individual holding the VP corporate finance role will have to perform. Some of these duties include:
- Working with management to set corporate financial strategy
- Managing corporate investments and acquisitions
- Analyzing corporate performance and recommending actionable plans for improvement working with management to develop budgets and forecasting models
- Overseeing the company accounting and financial reporting process
- Working with management to forecast future cash flows, and assisting with the development of plans to meet those expectations
- Managing financial results and advising management on the best courses of action
What is a Typical Career Path?
Many professionals in this field will start as a controller or CFO and then move into the role of VP of corporate finance. Over time, they will be responsible for managing a great deal of corporate financial information, which will help them grow their knowledge base even more.
What are the Required Skills?
Several skills are needed to become a successful VP of corporate finance. Some of these skills include:
- bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- solid understanding of financial principles and business practices
- working knowledge of relevant accounting and finance software
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- record of success in a similar role
Who Does the VP of Corporate Finance Work With?
This person will work with several different people, including the CEO and CFO, as well as other senior executives. They will also work with several different departments, such as accounting and finance.
What is the Salary for the VP Corporate Finance Job?
The average salary for this role is $145,000 per year. This is based on the statistics from Payscale.com as of September 2017.
What is Included in this Salary?
In addition to the base salary that a person will earn as a VP of corporate finance, they may also receive a bonus and other forms of compensation. Bonuses are often based on the performance of the company as well as the individual’s performance.
What is the Job Outlook for this Title?
The job outlook for a VP of corporate finance is very good. According to statistics from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the job growth for financial managers will be about 10% between 2016 and 2026. This is a much faster rate than average.
What Should I Major In to Get a Job Like This?
To have a successful career as a VP of corporate finance, it will be important to have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. It may also be helpful to have an MBA, particularly if the person wants to become a CEO or CFO.
A VP of corporate finance is responsible for overseeing the financial aspects of a company, including planning for the future, managing assets, forecasting financial results, and working with management to make decisions.